Monday, April 21, 2008

Why do dogs eat dirt?

I can't seem to understand it. I live with two very playful, very wonderful labradors, but for some reason, whenever I let them out in the back yard, they make a beeline for the big patch of open dirt in the back yard and start eating it. They don't DIG in it, mind you, but straight up eat it. It can't taste that good... it just can't.

Though on the bright side, the day is beautiful, the birds are chirping, the cars aren't sounding overly obnoxious. I paid the bills today. It's a good feeling to be able to do that, but not so good a feeling when you have to wait til the next pay check to pay the next round. One day at a time I suppose. And if it has to be one day at a time, then I suppose I could've picked a much worse day to enjoy than today.

...even if I am busy dodging bees.

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Oh, how I dislike paying bills anymore...what with the price of gasoline, I now have very very little leftover for anything else.

The dogs, now if you had written hey were eating manure I would completely understand, it is the first thing all almost all of our dogs go for.

Try this link..
http://www.pet-care-experts.com/archive.php?43956

Mary said...

Aye, I don't particularly like putting ten dollars in the tank just because that's all I have left for it anymore.

And you know, they don't eat the manure, just the dirt. They ROLL in the manure.