Monday, April 7, 2008

Sometimes all it takes is someone to talk to

To take care of my earlier promise, the book that I referenced in the previous post was Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck. I highly recommend it for anybody who feels like their life isn't going quite the direction that it probably should in order to be happy.

My earlier funk, while not quite disappeared, has lessened enough for me to be able to live through it (or stuff it back down somewhere and deal with it later?) . Apparently riding around in the car with my boyfriend, throwin' back some cigarettes and taking one of those late night Wal-mart strolls (you know, the kind where you go half to look at whatever they're selling, and half to just watch the people who are shopping) are really good for the psyche.

I know that whatever issues I have will need to be worked out, but its times like these when I am incredibly thankful for having my boyfriend here. Whatever it is I have to deal with, I don't have to deal with alone. I know that a lot of the time, he's not going to be able completely understand the way I feel or why I feel it, but... at least he's there for me. I can't imagine now what it would be like to not have him around. This blog would probably get much more harassed.

No comments: